Gynecomastia/Enlarged Breast In Male
Gynecomastia or male breast removal surgery is the swelling of breast in male (boys or men). This is caused by hormonal imbalance of estrogen and progesterone. This disorder can affect single breast or both breast, sometimes unevenly . When new born, boys going through puberty, elderly men develop enlargement of male breast as a result of change in hormone level, but other rare cause might exist.
Even though Gynecomastia is rarely associated with pain it is tough condition to cope up with. Men and boys feel embarrassed about it and often subjected to ridicule by collogues or coworkers.
This condition of Gynecomastia might go away on its own, but persistent male breast need surgical management
SYMPTOMS OF GYNECOMAST/ Male Breast
- The common symptom associated with Gynecomastia / male breast removal surgery is worrying about self-image or self-conscious about enlargement of breast, like female breast. The affected individual mainly complaints about social awkwardness, concern about body image. Sometime pain or discomfort. Affected men generally complaint about avoiding about going to public place which require exposure such as swimming.
- Those who are affected by Gynecomastia start wearing los cloths. Avoid exposure in shower ,beaches .theses also avoid sports which require removal of one’s shirt and exposing chest .Young boys avoid these activity fearing ridicule by friends
Cause Of Gynecomastia / Male Breast
Gynecomastia is caused by physiological changes in which there is a decrease in the amount of the hormone testosterone compared with estrogen. The cause of this decrease can be conditions that block the effects of or reduce testosterone or a condition that increases your estrogen level. The estrogen hormone is responsible for excess development of glandular tissue. In obese individuals there can be fat deposition in the chest region giving the uncomfortable appearance and enlargement of the breast
SIGNS OF GYNECOMASTIA
- Gynecomastia/ male breast present as , deposit of excess fat in chest area , or /and presence of excess gland in chest area
- Presence of swelling might be only on one side or both side ( bilaterally )
- Gynecomastia occurs normally (physiologically) in nearly 75 % of male during puberty. And if it does not resolve by the age of 17 years, the chance of it remain persistent are very high in future. This enlargement of breast is due to fat or gland or both .Because of adolescent or idiopathic hypertrophy, considerable psychological problems may arise.
Types of Gynecomastia/ Male Breast Enlargement
- True Gynecomastia / Glandular Hypertrophy :It is due to proliferation of ducts and periducatal tissue
- Pseudogynacomastia : It is due to deposition of fat tissue in breast with little enlargement of glandular tissue
- Mixed : It contains both fat and glandular tissue in variable proportion
Treatment Of Gynecomastia
Gynecomastia which persist in adolescent for more than 6 months rarely decreases on its own or gets treatment with medication .There are many surgical options for treatment of Gynecomastia,
Including taking large incision over breast and removing breast tissue we at Nirmiti cosmetic Centre do is with minimal invasive method .This procedure is done under local anesthesia under anaestitist guidance. Because of thirstiest can be discharged on the same day.
With hip of specially designed liposuction cannula, small tiny incision is taken at periereolr region and excess fat is sucked out of the breast. With help of liposuction the gland also gets fragmented and thus can be removed from the same small incision, thus it becomes almost scar less surgery with less bleeding and pain.
Post-operative management: Patient is discharged on the same day. He needs to wear pressure garments for 3 to 4 week, so as to decrease swelling and giving you early results.
The Gynecomastia Surgery Will Achieve The Following Goals
- Increase your self-esteem
- Boost your confidence
- Allow you to wear the clothes that you want
- Give you that smart, professional image that matches your performance