WHAT IS BREAST LIFT
A breast lift, also known as mastopexy, raises the breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue to reshape and supports the new breast contour.
Sometimes the areola becomes enlarged over time, and a breast lift will reduce this as well.
A breast lift can rejuvenate your figure with a breast profile that is more youthful and uplifted. A woman’s breasts often change over time, losing their youthful shape and firmness. These changes and loss of skin elasticity can result from:
- Weight fluctuations.
The appropriate technique for you will be determined based on:
- Breast size and shape.
- The size and position of your areolas.
- The degree of breast sagging.
- Skin quality and elasticity as well as the amount of extra skin.
THE BEST CANDIDATE FOR BREAST LIFT
- You are physically healthy and maintaining a stable weight.
- You do not smoke.
- You are bothered by the feeling that your breasts sag or have lost shape and volume.
- Your breasts have a flatter, elongated shape or are pendulous.
- When unsupported, your nipples fall below the breast crease.
- Your nipples and areolas point downward.
- You have stretched skin and enlarged areolas.
- One breast is lower than the other.
ADVANTAGES OF A BREAST LIFT
Satisfaction with your new image should continue to grow as you recover from surgery.
The final results of your breast lift will appear over the next few months as breast shape and position continue to settle.
Incision lines are permanent but will continue to fade over time.
The results of your breast lift surgery will be long-lasting. Over time, your breasts can continue to change due to aging and gravity.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the advantages of a breast lift ?
- Satisfaction with your new image should continue to grow as you recover from surgery. - The final results of your breast lift will appear over the next few months as breast shape and position continue to settle. - Incision lines are permanent but will continue to fade over time. - The results of your breast lift surgery will be long-lasting. Over time, your breasts can continue to change due to aging and gravity.
What are the risks of a breast lift?
Breast lift risks include: - Anesthesia risks. - Bleeding or hematoma formation. - Infection. - Poor healing of incisions. - Changes in nipple or breast sensation, which may be temporary or permanent. - Breast contour and shape irregularities. - Breast asymmetry. - Fatty tissue found deep in the skin might die (fat necrosis)
How long do breast lift results last?
Breast lift surgery can be effective for 10 to 15 years, but we also get patients who report that they're happy with their results for much longer than that. The reality is that it all depends on certain factors that are unique to you.
Can you lift your breast without surgery?
You can use gaffer tape, sports tape, or specially designed tape to lift your breasts when you want to ditch the bra. (Whatever you do, don't use duct tape.) Gaffer tape has a strong hold, but may irritate the skin, so if you're having a reaction, sports tape is a great alternative.
What can I expect after I go home?
You should rest for the first day or two; there is usually only minor discomfort and you will be given an analgesic if you need it. You will be given an appointment to return in 5-7 days. You can remove the gauze over the incision after 48 hours and shower. Keep the bra on 24/7 until you come for your follow-up appointment.