Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
What is Eyelid Surgery?
Droopy eyelids are a major reason why some people consider eyelid surgery(blepharoplasty) to remove and tighten excess eyelid skin for a more alert and youthful appearance.
Sometimes blepharoplasty also can improve your vision by providing a less obstructed field of view, once droopy eyelids are improved.
Blepharoplasty can remove excess skin, muscle and sometimes fat from the upper or lower eyelids. In some cases, you might need only skin removed but not muscle or you might need the procedure done on both upper and lower eyelids.
Cosmetic eyelid surgery is a surgical procedure that is not medically necessary and is performed solely to improve your appearance.
Unfortunately, your upper and sometimes lower eyelids may become droopy or baggy as part of the aging process.
The Best Candidates For Eyelid Surgery
- Is in good health, mentally and physically.
- Has no major medical issues or eye diseases.
- Is a non-smoker or is willing to quit.
- Seeks improvement rather than perfection.
- Are roughly between 35 and 70 years old.
- Is experiencing sagging, puffiness, fat and wrinkling around the eyes.
- Has not been able to obtain results in appearance using diet and exercise.
If a candidate satisfies above conditions, the surgery can be done on such a candidate.
- The doctor workout the area on your scalp where hair needs to be restored.
- The marked area on your need is anesthetized using a local anesthesia.
- A disinfectant is applied on the area which is to be treated.
- The PRP is injected into the deeper layers of your scalp the site is cleaned thoroughly.
Advantages Of A Blepharoplasty
- Treatment of fat deposits, puffiness and sagging around the eyes.
- Restoration of vision.
- Improved facial expression.
- Preservation of facial spontaneity.
- A boost in self-confidence and self-image.
- Complements a facelift or fat transfer procedure.
- Long-lasting results.
- Inconspicuous scarring.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Treatment of fat deposits, puffiness and sagging around the eyes - Restoration of vision - Improved facial expression - Preservation of facial spontaneity - A boost in self-confidence and self-image - Complements a facelift or fat transfer procedure - Long-lasting results - Inconspicuous scarring
9 Tips to Speed Recovery After Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty) : - Speed up your recovery after eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) - Prepare for your recovery time - Diligently follow your self-care instructions - Keep your eyes on the prize - Sun protection is essential - Don't stress your eyes - Get plenty of rest - Skip strenuous activities
The best candidates for blepharoplasty are individuals generally 30 years old or older who are in good health and who have no other eye conditions. Tell your doctor if you have any of the following conditions: Eye disease, such as glaucoma, dry eye, or a detached retina.
Possible risks of eyelid surgery include: - Infection and bleeding - Dry, irritated eyes - Difficulty closing your eyes or other eyelid problems - Noticeable scarring - Injury to eye muscles - Skin discoloration - The need for a follow-up surgery - Temporarily blurred vision or, rarely, loss of eyesight
Upper eyelid surgery can last at least five to seven years. Lower eyelid surgery rarely needs to be repeated. Of course, your eyes will still age after the procedure. If your lids sag again, a forehead lift rather than another eye lift may be the preferred procedure.