Laser toning is the process of using laser energy to penetrate specific layers of the skin and break apart pigments, which often surface as a result of sun damage, aging, acne and other skin conditions.
What Is Laser Toning?
Laser toning is the process of using laser energy to penetrate specific layers of the skin and break apart pigments, which often surface as a result of sun damage, aging, acne, and other skin conditions.
Unlike traditional laser skin resurfacing treatments, laser toning is performed using non-ablative lasers, which work by heating up the targeted tissue without actually destroying it. This creates a ‘controlled thermal injury,’ triggering a natural response in the body to produce more collagen and elastin. After the procedure is complete, the body’s immune system processes excess pigmentation and leftover particles to clear away discoloration.
There is typically no pre-treatment required for laser toning, although some specialists will instruct their patients to avoid sun exposure for a few weeks beforehand.
Some skincare specialists apply a topical analgesic or local anesthetic to minimize discomfort during the procedure, but most patients don’t experience any significant pain. However, it is common for the skin to feel warm to the touch immediately after the treatment session is complete.
The number of treatments required primarily depends on your particular skin type and concerns. Almost all non-ablative laser procedure options require several sessions — typically between four and ten treatments in total.
Post Procedure Care
You should be able to return to your regular activities immediately following your laser treatment. You will be instructed to avoid prolonged exposure to the sun, and will most likely be required to wear broad-spectrum 30 SPF sunscreen, applied every two hours.
Benefits Of Laser Toning
- Promote collagen production (skin’s main protein or building block that provides it its strength, elasticity and radiance).
- Restore our skin’s ability to heal it.
- Fill in these fine lines & folds via natural processes.
- Stimulate blood vessels to constrict and function again as they once did for a smooth, wrinkle-free skin.
- Minimal Discomfort, specifically with non-ablative laser treatment, that does not remove any skin layer.
- No or Very Little Downtime, with minimal reactions such as; swelling, redness, and warm sensation to the skin, though subside within a couple of hours.
- Long-Lasting Results, generally last for years.