WHAT IS VAGINOPLASTY ?
After childbirth, women may complain of vaginal laxity, resulting from stretching of tissues and separating of muscles, sometimes to the point that a tampon falls out, and this lack of tone can contribute to sexual dysfunction.
Vaginoplasty is a procedure designed to tighten the vagina. An alternative is noninvasive vaginal tightening through radiofrequency waves or laser.
- This vaginoplasty can be done under local anesthesia.
- Once the amount of tightening to be done is determined, a is marked to delineate the extra skin to be removed from inside the vagina.
- Beneath the skin, the tissues are tightened with strong sutures.
- Once the vaginal canal has been tightened, the mucosal skin is sutured closed. If there is external skin that protrudes, this can be reduced as well for a more aesthetic result.
- Patients may have one to two weeks of down time. They may feel a deep ache for the first few days, and there is no tampon use or intercourse for eight weeks.
THE BEST CANDIDATE FOR VAGINOPLASTY
- Patients are 18 years of age.
- Women who have had the structures of their vagina stretched or otherwise altered as a result of childbirth and/or aging.
- Women who experience soreness or pain when they partake in sexual activity, when they ride a bike, or when they go horseback riding.
- Women who experience reduced sensation during vaginal intercourse as a result of multiple vaginal deliveries.
ADVANTAGES OF VAGINOPLASTY
- Increased strength and control of the vaginal muscles. Enhanced enjoyment during intimacy, Improved self-confidence.
- Vaginoplasty is easily paired with labiaplasty or other gynecological procedures which procedures are right for you.
- Non-Surgical Vaginal Tightening using Femi lift, a new breakthrough procedure that tightens the vagina with the use of a controlled laser beam during a painless, 15-minute procedure.
- The Ultimate Vaginoplasty using a combination of traditional surgical vaginal tightening and non-invasive laser treatment for exceptional results.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Patients age should be more than 18 years of age - Women who have had the structures of their vagina stretched or otherwise altered as a result of childbirth and/or aging. - Women who experience soreness or pain when they partake in sexual activity, when they ride a bike, or when they go horseback riding. - Women who experience reduced sensation during vaginal intercourse as a result of multiple vaginal deliveries.
Individual procedures typically take between 1 and 2 hours.
The reasons why many women undergo Vaginoplasty after they are finished having children are: - Decreased friction and sensation during sex - Partner slipping out - Feeling of wide, loose, or smooth vagina - Tampons falling out - Vaginal opening or perineum scar tissue coming out of vaginal opening - Gas noises coming from your vagina during intercourse - Bowel movement issues
On average, it can take 6-8 weeks to recover. Every patient’s recovery is different, but emphasis on home hygiene and post-operative care will help to speed up your recovery.
We usually allow patients to return to work within 2 to 5 days, but you will be told exactly how long post-operatively.