WHAT IS LABIA REDUCTION ?
The Labiaplasty refers to a procedure that reduces the length of the labia . It is the most commonly performed vaginal rejuvenation procedure and it can relieve symptoms women experience from twisting and tugging of the labia. Labia have two parts. Labia majora and labia minora. The surgery is performed on labia minora. The surgery is done so that the labia minora does not hang out of the hair bearing labia majora and cause discomfort/twitching/undesired visual appearances. The size, color and shape of labia vary significantly, and may change as a result of childbirth, aging and other events.
- This surgery can be done under either local anesthesia with oral sedation or under general anesthesia.
- In this surgery the extra tissue is removed and sewn up directly.
- Next in popularity is the wedge procedure, which maintains a natural border after a pie-shaped piece of tissue has been removed.
- Extra folds of the clitoral hood can also be reduced at the same time. Closure is usually done with absorbable sutures.
- Usually there is only minimalistic pain after surgery and you go home the same day.
- You will be told to visit the doctor a week after the surgery.
- Some ointments and antibacterial medicines are also prescribed to avoid infection at the site of surgery.
- A patient is advised not to wear tampons or have sexual intercourse for almost 4 to 6 weeks after the surgery is done.
- The patient is also told to apply ice packs on the site to reduce inflammation and swelling.
THE BEST CANDIDATE FOR LABIA REDUCTION
Typical candidates for vaginal rejuvenation are women who have developed significant labial changes postpartum or who have always had large and/or irregular labia.
ADVANTAGES OF LABIA REDUCTION
- Boost self-confidence.
- Increase comfort while exercising or playing sports.
- Improve the labia’s figure.
- Enhance sexual comfort.