Breast reduction surgery removes excess breast fat, glandular tissue, skin to give you a more proportionate figure and physical relief. Excess of breast tissues and undesirable heavy breasts can cause pressure on the shoulders and back, resulting into nerve issues or back pains as your body needs to carry the extra weight. Unusually heavy breasts may also give discomfort while exercising & carrying out daily work. It may also cause some unnecessary attention issues to women.
For women who are bothered by unusually heavy breasts, who have tried achieving breast reduction goals through exercise and diet control but could not get significant results, breast reduction surgery can be an option. While choosing to do it or not, your plastic surgeon will counsel you and guide for what can be the best option for you.
If excess breast tissue is impairing your ability to lead an active life, Breast Reduction surgery or Reduction Mammoplasty. Can achieve a breast size in better proportion to your body and alleviate the discomfort associated with overly large breasts.
Breast Reduction Candidates
- You are physically healthy.
- You have realistic expectations.
- You don’t smoke.
- You are bothered by the feeling that your breasts are too large.
- Your breasts limit your physical activity.
- You experience back, neck and shoulder pain caused by the weight of your breasts.
- You have regular indentations from bra straps that support heavy, pendulous breasts.
- You have skin irritation beneath the breast crease.
- Your breasts hang low and have stretched skin.
- Your nipples rest below the breast crease when your breasts are unsupported.
- You have enlarged areolas caused by stretched skin.
If a candidate satisfies more than half of these conditions, then such a candidate might be given with a green signal to proceed with the breast reduction surgery; provided that all medical checkups are satisfactory for the Plastic Surgeon, you will be counseled about the whole procedure and care that have to be taken.