Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
WHAT IS RHINOPLASTY ?
Rhinoplasty is a procedure that changes the shape of the nose. The motivation for rhinoplasty may be to change the appearance of the nose, improve breathing, or both. Rhinoplasty can be classified again as a surgical procedure and a non-surgical procedure.
PROCEDURE OF SURGICAL RHINOPLASTY
- Anesthesia Medications are administered for your comfort during the surgical procedure.
- Once you’re numb or unconscious, your surgeon will make cuts between or inside your nostrils. They’ll separate your skin from your cartilage or bone and then start the reshaping. If your new nose needs a small amount of additional cartilage, your doctor may remove some from your ear or deep inside your nose. If more is needed, you might get an implant or a bone graft. A bone graft is an additional bone that’s added to the bone in your nose.
- The procedure usually takes between one and two hours. If the surgery is complex, it can take longer.
ADVANTAGES OF SURGICAL RHINOPLASTY
- Confidence– improving confidence is the number one motivator for a nose job.
- Improve breathing– individuals with long-term, even congenital breathing issues, are often astounded at the difference rhinoplasty can make for them.
- Fix broken nose– whether from falling, an accident, or a fight, the resulting nasal deformity can negatively affect appearance and function, as well as induce pain.
- Sinus problems– constantly feeling congested, difficulty breathing and severe headaches are all related to sinus issues which can be alleviated through nose surgery.
- Revision rhinoplasty– sometimes surgical outcomes are not what we hoped for and a second or revision procedure is necessary.
- Correct birth defects– lumps, masses, clefts, underdevelopment, etc. Nowhere is the life-changing potential of rhinoplasty more dramatic than in the correction of birth defects.
- Restore facial symmetry– a wide variety of issues can be addressed, such as a misshapen or crooked nose or a bulbous tip to the nose.
- Snoring– the disruption created by snoring is often treated as a joke but is actually quite serious and contributes to poor sleep quality as well as significant relationship problems.
- Career–nose surgery increases the level of confidence which translates to stronger job performance. Plus, all fairness aside, appraisal reviews and promotions often correspond to a younger and attractive appearance.
THE BEST CANDIDATE FOR SURGICAL RHINOPLASTY
- Your facial growth is complete.
- You are physically healthy.
- You don’t smoke.
- You have a positive outlook and realistic goals in mind for the improvement of your appearance.
WHAT IS NON-SURGICAL RHINOPLASTY
The procedure consists of injecting a filler ingredient, such as hyaluronic acid, underneath your skin to temporarily change the structure of your nose.
Non-surgical rhinoplasty is actually a dermal filler procedure that changes the shape of your nose for up to 6 months.
- You may have a topical anesthetic applied to your nose and the surrounding area so you won’t feel pain from the needle.
- After the anesthetic takes effect, a doctor will inject the filler into the area around your nose and maybe the bridge of your nose itself.
- You might feel a slight pinching or pressure while this is done. The whole process can take from 15 minutes or less to 45 minutes.
BENEFITS OF NON SURGICAL RHINOPLASTY
- Results are immediate.
- Injuries and swelling are minimal.
- Results Less expensive than surgery.
- Procedure takes less than an hour.
- Patients can get back to their normal routine within hours. For optimal comfort.
THE BEST CANDIDATE FOR NON-SURGICAL RHINOPLASTY
Who has a pronounced bump on the bridge of their nose. By filling the area around the bump, you can create the illusion of a perfectly straight nose.
Frequently Asked Questions
Rhinoplasty is procedure that changes the shape of the nose. The motivation for rhinoplasty may be to change the appearance of the nose, improve breathing or both. Rhinoplasty can be classified again as a surgical procedure and a non surgical procedure.
In general, it can last one to four hours.
- Your facial growth is complete - You are physically healthy - You don’t smoke - You have a positive outlook and realistic goals in mind for the improvement of your appearance.
Other possible risks specific to rhinoplasty include but are not limited to: - Difficulty breathing through your nose - Permanent numbness in and around your nose - The possibility of an uneven-looking nose - Pain, discoloration or swelling that may persist - Scarring - A hole in the septum (septal perforation)
13 Tips to Speed Up Your Rhinoplasty Recovery Time:- - Rhinoplasty Recovery Timeline. The average rhinoplasty recovery time is one year - Listen to Your Doctor. First and foremost, follow your doctor's instructions - Listen to Your Body - Keep Your Head Elevated - Use Cold Compresses - Get Plenty of Rest - Maintain a Healthy Diet - Stay Cool - Don’t Blow Your Nose - Avoid Vigorous Exercise - Don’t Wear Glasses - Stay Out of the Sun - Don’t Smoke - Be Patient!