Do’s and Don’ts – Before and After Gynecomastia Surgery
In This Article:
Gynecomastia surgery is a common procedure that can help remove excess fat, glandular tissue, or skin from the chest area. The goal of this surgery is to reduce the size and shape of the chest, which can improve self-confidence and body image.
It’s important to understand what you should do before and after your gynecomastia surgery procedure to ensure the best possible results. Here are some do’s and don’ts for before and after your procedure.
Do’s Before Surgery
- Consult with your doctor about any medications, supplements, or vitamins you are taking so that they can advise on whether or not these should be avoided before surgery
- Eat a healthy diet rich in vitamins and minerals to aid in wound healing after surgery
- Maintain good hygiene habits throughout the entire process by showering regularly, brushing your teeth twice a day, and using an antiseptic washcloth once a day.
- Stay hydrated by drinking at least 8 glasses of water each day leading up to the procedure.
- Stop smoking at least two weeks prior to surgery as smoking has been linked to delayed healing time.
- Try to get plenty of rest leading up to the procedure so that you are well-rested when it’s time for surgery
Don’ts Before Surgery
- Avoid taking aspirin or any other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) for two weeks prior to the procedure as these can increase bleeding risk during surgery.
- Do not drink alcohol for two weeks before the procedure as this can interfere with anesthesia and also increase bleeding risk during surgery
Need help? Talk to Our Plastic Surgeon
Get the Most Effective Treatment and Surgery in India by Consulting Dr. Neeraj Bhaban, One of the Top Plastic Surgeons in Sangli and Kolhapur.
Call Us :
Do’s After Surgery
- Wear a compression garment for three weeks following your gynecomastia surgery in order to reduce swelling and assist in contouring of the chest area.
- Avoid any activities that involve strain on your chest muscles such as weight lifting, running, jogging, etc., for four weeks after surgery in order to allow proper healing time without putting additional strain on your body.
- Keep incisions clean and dry at all times while they heal in order to prevent infection – use only soap and water when cleaning them!
- Take all prescribed medications as instructed by your doctor – this could include painkillers or antibiotics – in order to manage pain levels effectively and reduce infection risk post-surgery.
Don’ts After Surgery
- Avoid direct sunlight exposure on incisions until they have healed completely – this could take up 4-6 months depending on how quickly you heal!
- Do not wear tight clothing over incisions until they have had time to heal properly – this could put too much strain on incisions which could cause them not heal correctly or open up again!
- Do not participate in any strenuous activities such as running or weight lifting for at least 6 months following gynecomastia surgery – doing so could cause damage if done too soon after the procedure!
Results of Gynecomastia Surgery
The results of gynecomastia surgery will vary depending on your individual circumstances, but in general most people experience an improvement in their chest appearance within 2-3 weeks post-surgery.
The swelling may take some time to subside completely and it may take up to 6 months before the final results are visible. In addition, the scars resulting from the procedure may not fade away completely until 12-18 months following the surgery
Gynecomastia Surgery can be a great solution for men who want to correct the enlargement of their male breasts. While there are risks associated with any surgical procedure, there are also many benefits which include improved self-image and confidence as well as a more aesthetically pleasing chest area.
It is important that patients understand what do’s and don’ts they need adhere too before and after their gynecomastia surgeries so that their procedures go smoothly with minimal complications afterwards.
Book An Appointment
Gynecomastia (Man-Boobs) – Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis & Treatments
Gynecomastia (Man-Boobs) – Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis & Treatments Gynecomastia Gynecomastia is a common prevalent condition in which the male breasts are enlarged due imbalance of hormones – estrogen and testosterone. It happens due to the expansion of glandular tissue or fat situated in the breast of a male. It can affect either only one breast [...]
What are the types of Gynecomastia (Man Boobs)
What is Gynecomastia (ManBoobs)? Gynecomastia is a condition when a male experiences enlarged breasts. The Breast may become larger or can grow unevenly. The word “Gynecomastia” is derived from the Greek terms gynec (female) and mastos (breast). It can be seen in infants, quite often in teenage boys who are going through puberty and old [...]
Uncovering the Truth: Does PRP Regrow Hair Permanent?
Uncovering the Truth: Does PRP Regrow Hair Permanent? In This Article: Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy The Benefits of PRP Hair Restoration Treatment Does PRP Regrow Hair Permanently? WhatsApp Facebook 0 Twitter 0 Messenger 0Shares If you're looking for a hair loss solution that offers a permanent fix, you may have come across Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP) [...]